Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Funny Quotes that I remember from Middle and High School


Funny Quotes that I remember from Middle and High School
I was looking at some old journals and things yesterday from middle school and high school, and I found some really cool stuff. And a lot of it was pretty hilarious. I shall share some of it here, because somebody might get a kick out of it.
The funniest quote from my middle school poetry journal is from a short script I wrote about Bob, who is arguing with some dude, because he is convinced that he is an illusion (this script was making a joke out of existentialism). They get pretty mad at each other, and then another person walks in, and says this great little line:
“Sir, you should stop arguing with the illusion, because you know you can’t win.”
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I took a trip to Europe in 2007, with People to People (a government sponsored student organization).
On this trip we had an awesome Belgian bus driver, Danny. Wow. If I had to pick the single most hilarious person I have ever met, it would be him. And I have met some highly entertaining people. He was like my 20something year old goofy older brother during the trip.
His most memorable antic was when we were getting on the bus to go from one city to the next.
As we were all loading our luggage onto the bus, he took my suitcase and said to me “There’s no room on the bus for it.” Then he attached it to the hitch on the back of the bus, acting all serious. “I’m sorry, this is the only way.” He left it there until we all got on the bus. Then when we got off a few hours later, I went to find my suitcase, and he had put it back on the hitch.
Best quote of the same trip:
"The place appears to be occupied by Americans"
A European guy, said this to his friend, as they were walking past the hotel that me and a group of students were staying in somewhere in Switzerland

In my freshman year of high school, I had to put together a project together on the Odyssey. It was compiled in a folder, and at the back of it, I wrote some amusing, caffeine induced acknowledgements:
“Acknowledgements:
Caffeine!
My cold tea
My clock that won’t work
Homer
The color orange

In my sophomore year of high school, the following hilarious dialogue happened in youth group, between my youth pastor and my best friend:
Youth Pastor: Tonight we will be talking about a three letter word that starts with "s", that you all are very uncomfortable with"
Angela (standing up, shouting) "SEX!!!!"
Youth Pastor: "I was actually going to say "sin", I don't know what YOU were thinking"
And last, but not least, I have an old card from my crazy first boyfriend, in my junior year of high school (it is a reference to an inside joke, but it’s still pretty funny:
“Love is like a jelly-filled doughnut! Don’t ask me why it’s like a jelly-filled doughnut, but it is!!!!!!!!!”
“Oh, and Voldemort says hi….”

That’s all my quotes for the moment. And now I will go encounter some more!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason there is a big space there that I cannot get rid of.

    ReplyDelete